Submit a Tick for Testing
To submit a tick for testing, please follow these steps:
- Safely remove the tick(s) by following these instructions →
- Place tick(s) in a sealable bag or plastic container with a firmly closing lid.
- Purchase tick testing (below) and indicate what options you wish to have your tick(s) tested for, then proceed through the online checkout process.
- Record your order number on the sealable bag or plastic container, and place it in an envelope.
- Mail the envelope to one of our two locations* (you will receive a confirmation email with mailing instructions once you have completed your tick testing order).
*Please note that we strongly suggest you use a trackable service through Canada post or a Courier service (FedEx, UPS) to ensure your tick arrives on time at our location.
How To Safely Remove a Tick:
- Using a pair of fine-tipped tweezers, gently grasp the tick as close to the skin as possible.
- Taking care not to squeeze the body, grasp the tick by the mouthparts and pull directly up and out of the skin.
- Once the tick has been removed, wash the area with soap and water, followed by an antiseptic.
- Check to ensure that no pieces of the tick have remained embedded in the skin.